Monday, September 14, 2015

November Flower of the Month

This month's Lila Grey Stamps Flower of the Month is the chrysanthemum.  I noticed that my other flowers are peeking out from the side, so I decided to print this digital stamp more in the center of the page.  While I was working on my piece, I used another piece of cardstock for my "clean off" sheet.  Well, I actually liked how it was turning out so I decided to make two pieces this month.

I always start my pieces with four colors in mind.  I knew I wanted a Fall look so I chose these colors:
ORANGE (Tangerine Tango)
GREEN (Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss, Certainly Celery)
PURPLE (Blackberry Bliss)
GOLD (Miners Nugget Radiant Pearls Paint)
and of course BLACK and WHITE.

I chose three shades of green because I was originally thinking I'd do a ombre effect.  Nope.  LOL 

Step 1:  Mask flower.  Stamp the three different green pads directly onto page and over the flower image.
Step 2:  Reverse the mask and sponge in the flower using the orange ink and stamp a script stamp with the same orange color for a tone-on-tone look.
Step 3:  Fill in edges of the page by sponging on purple ink.
Step 4:  Tone down the purple ink by using white acrylic paint and the script stamp around page
Step 5:  Use punchinella stencil to add gold pearl paint around page.
Step 6:  Add random splotches, marks, etc. until complete.
Step 7:  Use black ink to add splatter and other stamped images (POSTCARD gifted from Rubber Paws & postage stamp and postage cancellation stamp from Maine stamp set Lila Grey Stamps).


As I'm cleaning off my sponges and other tools, I am creating another piece on the side.  I decided to add harlequins using the Sage Shadow ink to the left.  Since I used the Tangerine Tango within the piece, I didn't want the chrysanthemum to also be orange so I used my Honey stamp pad (CTMH).  I don't know if the green was on my sponge or on the pad, but the ink was a greenish color.  At first I gasped and then realized I loved it!  To make the flower stand out, I stamped some tiny dots within the flower and shaded around the edges.


Which do you like better?


Media used on both:
SU! and CTMH Stamp Pads
Acrylic Paints
Markers
Radiant Pearls Paint
Ink Sprays
Charcoal Pencil
Washi Tape

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I think I like the orange flower. Sharing on my Google + Page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just gorgeous.You are just so creative. I think I like the top one better with the more purple color. My favorite. Both though are just beautiful. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!