Saturday, August 20, 2016

ICADs: Finishing Week 6

Another week down.  I'm struggling to get these done daily and my house shows it.  I really need to do some cleaning LOL!  Starting next week, I'm going to complete a couple (or more) per day for only two - three days per week.

It seems strange that it takes away from my housework since these cards are quick to do.  Basically I'm procrastinating.  There never seems to be enough time in the day.  I can't wait until I can retire.  I really just want to be a starving artist.  :)

Prompt#40; Surfboard
I really wanted to do something cartoonish, but I didn't like my first try.  Hey, live and learn.  That's what's cool about this ICAD challenge.  Hey, it's an index card.  If you don't like it chuck it!  But I kept on it until I ended with something I like.
I drew the surfboard with a pineapple and just colored it with markers.  I spritzed with water and added some highlights.  Then I added some marks using the Elements stamp set from Bloom Arts (previously Lila Grey Stamps).  Added some black marks and now I do.

Prompt#41; Longitude & Latitude
I decided to go to Paris.  My son's girlfriend loves the Eiffel Tower so I figured since I did a card for Krystal, I may as well do one for Melina.  Although I have an Eiffel Tower stamp, I thought I'd hand draw this one.  What the heck, right?  Painted the night sky with watercolor paint.  Click HERE to see the YouTube video by K Werne.  I LOVE how it turned out and it's so easy!

Prompt#42; Yellow
Since yellow is one of my favorite colors, I was really excited about starting this one!  I used yellow markers, yellow acrylic paint and yellow distress spray and a stencil.  I hand drew the banana and then used a brown marker to outline it.  Using a waterbrush, I blended brown, yellow and white paints to complete the banana then cut out the sentiment.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a minion, submarine, or banana but I think I made the right choice.

Let's see what's in store for Week Seven.

Side Note:  I really, really love all three of the Elements stamp sets from Lila Grey (Bloom Arts).  These marking stamps are so popular right now, and it's easy to tell why.  I use them in about everything that I do.  Check them out HERE and purchase a set or two!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!