Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Aloha! DTC #20

No, I'm not in Hawaii or anywhere tropical but I recently made this cute little tote bag to hold a raffle prize for work.

Every so often I'll do a raffle with my coworkers and of course I have to decorate the package. Most times it's a cute tag, but this time, I made this cute little tote:


Something like this is just perfect for small gifts and even treat bags for a party.  It was so easy to create.  Easy directions are below.  I used old, old, old patterned paper from Flair that I had in my stash to decorate the tote.  I cut out two of these tropical panels from the paper and adhered them to the inked up tote; added a premade tag and viola!  Easy Peasy!

Click on over to Decorate to Celebrate challenge site and link your project.  If you don't have a project of your own, take a look at what the DT came up with and the linkers.  I am always inspired by them whether its a color choice, technique or just the humor we crafters share.

How to make this easy tote?  Start with an 8 1/2 x 10 piece of cardstock; On the 8 1/2" side, score at 1 1/2" and 7"; flip and score on the 10" side at 4" and 6"; Cut slits at those score lines (on the 10" side) but stop where they intersect to create the flaps (two slits on each site); Add ribbon handles, decorate, fold and adhere. (NOTE:  I wrapped the ribbon around the tote, but you can also use brads and just attach them to the front & back)
Pretty simple!


Don't forget to share your project on the Decorate to Celebrate site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!