Thursday, December 28, 2017

New Year - New Resolutions

Can you believe it? 2017 is almost over! What are your artsy resolutions/goals? Mine? Get organized. HA!

Well now is the perfect time to look at what you need to keep you organized. Fun Stampers Journey FSJ is having a storage/organization sale this month. 20% off all their totes, bags and tins. Check out their items by going to the Fun Stampers Journey site. Be sure to search for your favorite consultant, me, Dorlene Durham and order from my online store. I'm getting some of those tins for sure!


Now in all seriousness, my sister-in-law is losing her battle with ovarian cancer. She's too young and she's not ready. We're not ready to lose her. We're spending as much time as we can with her but it's really hard on all of us. She's no longer in a conscience state so we just hold our conversations around her with her favorite Kool & The Gang music in the background. She still has the dance in her as she slowly moves her shoulders to the music. It's great to see but still hard to watch. Yesterday, their church pastor came in and prayed with us and gave words of encouragement. It's only a matter of time.

I am thankful with a house full of loved ones, I had some alone time with her. She smiled and held my hand at all the right times so I know she understood what I was saying.

Say a prayer for my sister-in-law, Beverly and her husband. It's so hard on him and their sons. We pray, we cry and then we laugh as we remember stories.

I know people say this all the time, but life is too precious and short to hold grudges and not speak to loved ones. Get on the phone, get in your car, whatever it takes to spend time with friends and family. You just never know when it'll be the last time.

2017 was a great year for our household - I won't complain. We just hope that Auntie Bo leaves us in peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!