Wednesday, February 7, 2018

QQ February Challenge; Love/Valentine

February is here and you can feel the love in the air. This month's challenge on the Quick Quotes blog is Love/Valentine.

Instead of doing a traditional Valentine project, I decided to create a layout to celebrate the love between my oldest son and his finance. We celebrated their engagement in November with a Parisian theme (she loves all things Eiffel Tower) and the Spring Showers Paper Collection is perfect for the photos. (Ok, the weather was cold and it definitely was not Spring, but the colors coordinate perfectly!)
I used Spring Showers SG103 for the base of the layout and then fussy cut the flowers on the left side of the Spring Showers SG100 paper. I inked the edges with Tropical Punch and Vanilla Cream Powder Puff Chalk Ink. I love how the chalk ink softens the edges of the paper.

I cut an Eiffel Tower using my Cricut and the French Manor cartridge and placed another fussy cut and inked flower bouquet on top of it. I also used a dry brush and the Tropical Punch chalk ink to add some dimension to the flowers.


The layout was a little left heavy and I knew it needed something on the right side to give it some balance. I cut the title "love" with my Cricut and placed it on a banner made from the paper scraps. I layered three pieces of Washi tape from my stash, a doily and some pearls. I used another fussy cut flower and some Washi tape on the upper right.


Quick Quotes Products Used:
Spring Showers Paper Collection
Powder Puff Chalk Inks: Tropical Punch and Key Largo

Bonus Project:
Using the paper scraps, I made a card to add to my card rack.


I cut the scrap down to 3.75 x 5, inked the edges and adhered it to a piece of coordinating cardstock. Before adhering to the card base, I cut a banner using the back side of SG100, inked the edge, added a scrap of the doily I used for the layout above and added a bow. Stamped a sentiment and viola!

Pretty simple and also pretty and simple!

Quick Quotes Products Used:
Spring Showers Paper SG100 Scraps
Powder Puff Chalk Inks: Bermuda and Vanilla Cream

Be sure to click on over to the Quick Quotes blog to join the challenge and be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments. I love sharing my projects with you and hope to encourage you to create things on your own. Thanks again!